Bucket lists, before I die lists, pre-wedding lists, pre-baby lists, goals lists. You get the idea.
Lists work for me. They make me strive to work towards what I set out to achieve. They also make me prioritize and follow through. They organize my thoughts.
Not everyone finds this useful. For some people the mere thought of writing down and recording thoughts is a huge burden. Here, I present my little list.
Any things you would add? Let me know!
- Stay up while on a surf board
- Cruise on a cargo ship (from anywhere to anywhere, I am easy)
- Hadrian’s Wall Track
- Do a skydive
- Go scuba diving (get a course first – extra points if you don’t freak out)
- Get my wisdom teeth removed (don’t cry before the surgery)
- Play a game of paintball
- Road trip from North to South NZ
- Travel alone (and like it!)
- Go in a hot air balloon
- Go on an epic train journey (I am looking at you Russia)
- Visit Chernobil.
- Milk a cow
- Sleep in an Igloo
- Sleep under the stars
- Get my full driver licence
- Spend a month camping alone
- Do a Great Walk (solo)
- Publish a children’s book.
- Create an extensive family tree.
- Take a calligraphy class.
- Take a photography class
- Learn to drive.
- Learn to drive a manual (oops)
- Learn to drive a motorcycle.
- Watch a Broadway musical in New York.
- (Re)learn how to play guitar and piano
- Create a website.
- Work on a pottery wheel.
- Join a choir.
- Go to TED talk (live).
- Attend a self-defence class
- Join a book club. (actually started one!)
- Attend an industry conference
- Learn how to navigate with an actual map
- Start a fire with no matches
- Write someone a mirror lipstick note (my sister counts? x)
- Have children (that are decent human beings)
- Don’t kill anyone. (so far so good)
- Write thank you letters to dear friends and family.
- Give to causes and people in need.
- Plan an amazing surprise party for someone.
- Take my family on a trip (that I pay for).
- Have a mom-daughter trip somewhere.
- Attend N + C Wedding (2019)
- Attend C + A wedding (2019)
- Visit China with T + K (2018)
- Finish university (with good grades)
- Read 30 books (recurring)
- Visit one new place I have never heard of
- Run 10km in less than one hour
- Take Italian lessons
- Visit G in Queenstown